Oriental Fan Card

Hi,

I have made so many cards these past two years. Well to many to send to family and friends.
Many cards were lying in boxes and that is a shame.
So I gave a box of them to a women who sells cards for a good cause named Kika (Stichting Kinderen Kankervrij – Children Cancer-free). It is a organization that raises funds for research that could help children to beat cancer faster. http://www.kika.nl/

I also signed up at a site called postcrossing.com.  http://www.postcrossing.com/
Here is a quote from that site explaining the meaning.
"The goal of this project is to allow people to receive postcards from all over the world, for free. Well, almost free! The main idea is that: if you send a postcard, you will receive at least one back from a random Postcrosser from somewhere in the world".
I think it's fun to receive cards from all over the world and it also gives me the opportunity to sent my homemade cards to someone else.

This week I made a card to sent to a young women in China.
I came across a cute (temporary) freebie stamp on Pixie Dust Studio blog http://pixieduststudio.blogspot.com/

I colored the stamp with with waterpencils.
The oriental fan card I had for quite a long time, I think it's from Romak.
I searched  the internet for plum blossom paper (free print) and luckely found a very pretty one.
I printed this picture on the front of the card.
The flowers, buttons, stickers and tassel are from my own stock. The butterfly is from a decoupage sheet by Marij Rahder.


inside of the card

This is it for today. Have a nice weekend and thank you for stopping by!
Your comments are very much appreciated.

HUGS xoxo                                 








No comments