Miniature Apothecary

Hi, my next project is something I wanted to make for a long time and I finally did it. 
It's a miniature apothecary shadowbox.




I used a lot of Tim Holtz products. 
The box is a Tim Holtz divided vignette, 
Most bottles are covered in a layer of Ranger Distress collage medium 
to make  them look vintage.
The paper I used in the boxes is also from Tim Holtz: the Etcetera paperstash.






Furthermore I used the halloween snippets, bones, skulls and
 chipboards from Tim Holtz.






Some of the labels on the bottles I found on pinterest, some are stickers I had in my stash.
Most bottles are filled with mystical ingredients.




I also added three handmade miniature books (I found the tutorial here).
And papers scrolls (made from washi tape), charms, cheesecloth, ephemera,
beads, skulls, bones and other bits and bobs.

I took a lot of pictures. 
Enjoy!

























It was such a great project to make! It took me some time but the result was worth it.
Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Henriëtte.




9 comments

Paula Cheney said...

Wow! Stunning piece. I can tell there is so much work to create such a piece - well done!!!

Gina Bloyaert said...

Dag Henriette,
Bedankt om in je kijkkast naar zoveel moois te mogen kijken is echt heeeeel mooi!!!
Ook vriendelijk bedankt voor de site door te geven voor de gratis downloads voor de covers en minibladzijdes.
Mvg Gina België 🤗

Nancy Wethington said...

Amazing! Love all those tiny details.

Lys said...

Wow! Fabulous! I also have this plan for a long time, and I know how it's such time consuming but so rewarding once achieved, and you made it so wonderfully! Every object, every detail in place, such a thought scenery, I can't stop watching. Bravo!

Words and Pictures said...

Simply jaw-dropping. I'm blown away by your attention to detail - all those tiny labels, inked and aged, and the scrolls of parchment, the rather mouldy-looking contents of some of those jars! The advertisements and posters make a perfect backdrop for your gathered glassware collection and old books. I'm so glad you shared so many close-ups - there's just so much to enjoy and admire here. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey this month.
Alison x

Julia Aston said...

Wow - what a wonderful apothecary box - so many fun things to look at - the varied labels of icky things (!) the little books and scrolls, the skulls and other little bits - this must have taken you forever but I can see you enjoyed adding each little piece! thanks for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey!

toni said...

So much loveliness here!.....Even the spiders ! This is the sort of project I wish I had made!!fantastic attention to detail I could study it for hours. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us over at A Vintage Journey Toni x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Oooh, I must bookmark this! So much to look at! I love those mini books!

Tina M said...

so spectacular,awesome and more! your photos are so detailed LOVE!!!