Shabby Chic flowers

The past few weeks I've taken an interest in Shabby Chic, especially flowers.
I've been watching tutorials and purchased some lace and chipboard/plywood laser cuts (at this great store: http://wycinanka.net/).

I've already made a few cards and some lace flowers like this one.


I adore the pink and grey lace. The ornament in the middle I also made using beads and other bits and pieces I had in my stash.
The big flower on my next card I also made from trims of lace.


The paper on this card I had in my stash for many years, I think it's from Tilda. It's gorgeous paper.
The frame is from Wycinanka. I glued the two pieces together and painted it with white acryl paint mixed with chalk to get the right color. I made the frame look old bij adding brown chalk and silver ink.

The sentiment is from a lily of the valley stamp set from Inspired by stamping.
The big flower is made from white and pink lace and a in the middle a fabric rose. The small silver roses are from metal, so this card combines shabby chic with modern. I thought "why not?"


Finally I've added some pearls and a piece of silver lace.


I'm entering this card in these challenges:

simon says stamp: fantastic florals
all sorts challenge: hearts and/or flowers

Thanks for visiting! I would appreciate it if you would leave a comment.

Hugs, Henriette

3 comments

Kathleen said...

Love the pink and grey combination and the really lovely flower display.
Thank you for joining our 'Hearts and Flowers' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Mervi said...

Beautiful and lovely card.
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

debby4000 said...

Oh my what a wonderful flower and such a gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby