Shabby chic hat box

Hi, my second post today is to share with you an altered hat box I've made in a shabby chic style.


I started by giving the box two coats of white gesso. The box is aprox. 17cm diameter. I covered the box with fabrics and creapatch glue. Then I glued on the ribbons and pearls on the bottom and on the lid.


The roses I made with dies from rosy dot and pink, white and green foamiran (bought at 14 craft bar).


Before glueing on the flowers and leaves I've glued on a crochet doily on the lid (bought at a thrift store).


I also added fabric leaves, pearls, beads, crochet circles (from allmacraft), clear drops, ivory bon bons (from crafteezee) and feathers to my box.






I'm entering this project in these challenges:

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=12390

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-49/

http://vostamps.blogspot.nl/2018/04/summore-fun-mood-board-27.html
(My inspiration is the roses)




Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments very much.


Hugs Henriette.

8 comments

Lin said...

Oh this is really lovely, Henriette - it reminds me of a gorgeous cake, beautifully decorated! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Scrapper69 said...

WOW! That is just GORGEOUS and ooh so Stunning! Beautiful flowers, lace, colors... Perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at SumMore Fun Stamps!

Theresa (SumMore Fun DT)

Beulah Bee said...

Amazing and beautiful! Can you imagine the impression this would make on a lady of the Victorian period?

Emma Williams said...

What a gorgeous project, this is beautiful and so pretty ~ I can imagine it sitting on a dressing table in an English country home! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Beth F. said...

This is such a lovely and delicate box! So beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at the SumMore Fun Mood Board Challenge.

SUPRFOXdesigns said...

Beautiful project and those colors match the mood board perfectly. I absolutely love this hat box. Thank you for joining us at SumMore Fun
~DT Heather

Unknown said...

So pretty! And what a perfect match for our mood board. Thanks for joining us over at SumMore Fun! ~DT Jamie

sarascloset said...

Your altered box is really beautiful!